INPUT SOUGHT ON SURVEY TO HELP DRIVE THE FUTURE OF METS EXPORT
The MIW METS Export Hub, in conjunction with the Resource Industry Network, is conducting a comprehensive survey of all METS businesses in our region. The purpose of this survey is to understand the implications of the whole of the supply chain to support the development of an export hub for our industry sector.
Your input is fundamental to the success of this project and we ask that you complete this short survey to enable the collection of essential data to assist with this project.
The confidential survey will take less than 15 minutes of your time and will make a significant contribution to our industry development. For more information, please contact MIW METS Export Hub Manager Dean Kirkwood at email@example.com or by calling 0447 399 402.
ACCELERATE YOUR EXPORT SUCCESS - EXPORT READY PROGRAM
PROGRAM COMMENCING FEBRUARY 17 - REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
PROGRAM NOW CLOSED - STAY TUNED FOR MORE EXPORT HUB ACTIVITIES
MIW METS Export Hub, in partnership with Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ) and Mackay Regional Council (MRC), has engaged the Export Council of Australia to deliver the Export Ready Program for businesses within the Mackay, Isaac and Whitsunday regions.
Training will be provided on a range of topics and will be presented by a team of leading international trade specialists.
By the end of the program, businesses will have completed a Market Entry Plan, engaged with real-life case study businesses, gained access to on-line resources and consulted with experts within their field.
Who is the Export Ready Program for?
- MIW SMEs wanting to export, are currently exporting, or successfully exporting and would like to enter a new market and/or build their export business.
- Queensland-based businesses located within the Mackay, Isaac or Whitsunday local government areas are eligible to participate in the program.
What does the Export Ready Program include?
- 4 x 4-hour workshops delivered over 4 consecutive weeks.
- Each module includes 4 hours of content followed by half an hour of question time.
- Each week there will be an expert presenter who is a specialist within their field.
- The presenter, where possible, will be accompanied by a local business case study who can share real life experiences.
When will the Export Ready Program run?
- 12:30pm to 5pm on a weekly basis.
- From 17 February 2020 until the 9 March 2020.
How much will the Program cost?
- This program usually costs $1834 per participant. TIQ and MRC are subsidising the training, resulting in a reduced price of $220 (inc GST) per person.
- Each business can nominate two people to participate in the program, however, a position can be delegated to another staff member should a nominated person be unable to attend.
When do I have to register?
- Places are limited to 15 people and registrations are required on or before Wednesday, February 12, 2020.
How do I to register?
Program Facilitator – Export Council of Australia (ECA).
DOWNLOAD THE EXPORT READY PROGRAM FLYER HERE
The development of the Mackay Isaac Whitsunday Mining Equipment Technical Services (METS) Export Hub will move forward after securing $353k grant funding from the Australian Government for the establishment of Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Export Hubs.
The SME Export Hub funding from the Australian Government provided grants from $150,000 to $1.5 million to help establish and/or operate Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Export Hubs in the six Australian Government Growth Centre sectors. The export hubs will work with the Australian Government Growth Centres to facilitate SME export opportunities.
The Local Buying Foundation and Queensland Government have also provided the matched funding of $353k funding with a total investment of $706,840 for a two-stage project development over the next three years.
The application for funding was lodged through the Resource Industry Network International Trade Committee, made up of Greater Whitsunday Alliance (GW3), Resources Industry Network (RIN), Regional Development Australia Mackay Issac Whitsunday (RDA MIW), Trade and Investment Queensland and Mackay Regional Council.
Stage 1 of the project is a regional export and international target market analysis. The analysis will incorporate SME participant identification and capability mapping. The analysis will inform the development of an export strategy for the MIW METS sector.
Stage 2 will be the engagement of a MIW METS Export Hub manager that will drive the implementation of the export strategy and provide professional support and direction to the METS Export Hub participants. A qualified consultant will then be engaged to undertake the market analysis and mapping as well as develop the export strategy. During this stage (6 to 9 months) recruitment for a MIW SME export manager will take place.
RIN General Manager Adrienne Rourke said the Mackay-Isaac-Whitsunday Region has had an informal METS and advanced manufacturing export-focused consortia since 2003 through the Resource Industry Network International Trade Committee. The Committee intends to leverage the funding and establish a more formal export hub with a dedicated resource to drive the delivery of export focused opportunities.
“MIW METS Export Hub will be incorporated into the new MIW Resources Centre of Excellence that has secured funding from the Queensland Government and Mackay Regional Council,” Ms Rourke said.
“The innovation, training and development facility is currently in the final detailed design process and looking to commence construction in 2019. The facility will be managed by Resource Industry Network and the SME Export Manager would be a critical function of the Resources Centre of Excellence.”
Member for Dawson George Christensen welcomed the investment into the region’s leading METS sector.
“This is a fantastic boost for our world-class Mining Equipment Technology and Services sector and it will not only increase our opportunities for export, it will create jobs into the future for our region,” Mr Christensen said.
“I congratulate all those involved in this export hub for their vision and hard work to put us on the map as leaders in this field.”
The export hub will be based in Mackay, but will service opportunities across the entire Bowen, Galilee and Surat Basin resources sectors.
The aims of establishing and MIW METS SME Export Hub include:
- Development and implementation of a targeted export strategy for the MIW METS Sector
- Dedicated resource to foster and drive export focused activities
- Acceleration and commercialisation of export pathways
- Identification of a wider ecosystem of potential participants
- Greater access to export specific training, market intelligence and financial support
- Establish the MIW METS brand as innovative, responsive and globally competitive
- Current and future international market analysis
- Better informed, educated and trained METS SME stakeholders in the export function and markets
- Establish the MIW METS sector as a centre for world’s best practice in global resource supply chains
ANNOUNCEMENT - NEWLY APPOINTED MANAGER
RIN has welcomed the newly-appointed Mackay Isaac Whitsunday (MIW) METS Export Hub Manager Dean Kirkwood. Dean has a strong background in the resources sector and is well known among the industry here in the Mackay region. The MIW METS Export Hub has been created as a result of Federal and State funding and will identify, establish and drive opportunities in the export space for businesses in this region. Dean is looking forward to carrying out the exciting new role and assisting the region’s METS sector businesses find success in the export sphere.