Resource Industry Network (RIN) has established a number of committees to help connect, develop and promote a range of areas in the resources services sector including an International Trade Committee, a Career Opportunity Equity and Diversity Committee, a Workplace Health & Safety Committee, and a Defence Group committee.
Any RIN member companies wanting to join the committees are encouraged to contact events and projects manager Sonia Andersen - firstname.lastname@example.org
RIN's International Trade Committee provide members with information and guidance on:
- How to go about finding and developing overseas markets;
- Mentoring support to provide experienced advice on any problems you may be having with this type of business expansion;
- Opportunities to cross-promote member products and services internationally;
- In –market visits with other members showing interest in similar markets; and
- Act as a vehicle to attract inward trade missions and key individuals to talk with the Group about their experiences.
Chair: Tim Magoffin
The Workplace Health & Safety Committee provides great safety leadership and behaviour within the Resource Industry Network membership base to ensure that employees are safer and fewer injuries occur in the workplace. It's signature event is the annual Safety Conference held in March each year. It also plays host to toolbox talks and plays an important role in Safe Work Month, held each year in October.
Chair: Ian Gray
Initiated and facilitated by Resource Industry Network, the Gender Diversity & Career Development Committee was been established as a result of overwhelming feedback received from the 2018 International Women's Day Business Lunch event. This network group has been created for both females and males working in the local engineering & resources sector to share information, events and ideas in an effort to improve diversity in the workplace and promote more women into management and leadership positions. This group’s aim is to:
- Share and discuss resources, activities, articles, & events relevant to the sector
- Bring value to the discussions
- Highlight tips and trend
Chair: Derek O'Connell
RIN's Defence Group works collaboratively with stakeholders and members to ensure businesses understand and are ready to engage in the opportunities for defence associated work, and promote the capabilities of the region to major defence industry contractors.
Chair: David Hartigan